Sunday, May 6, 2012

Rechlorinated

This is what I look like when I swim.

Due to the minimal amount of sleep I've been getting lately, my subconscious held me hostage in bed for a full eight hours, despite the best efforts of my not-so-friendly alarm clock. Once I woke up, I headed off with one goal in mind:

Goal: Don't embarrass yourself in the pool today.

Goal not accomplished.

On the plus side, it felt awesome to get in the water again. Apart from the occasional surf session, I really haven't swam more than a couple times since I stopped lifeguarding last summer. And I definitely got a good workout.

Too bad that workout didn't go over 800 yards.


Maybe my standards are too high for the first time I get back in a pool, but I didn't want to get out thinking "This must be what it feels like to have never swam before in your life." But I guess that's what I should expect having lived the past eight months of my life as a landlubber.


Goal for tomorrow: Get back in the pool. Don't die.


Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment